Leominster, Massachusetts, is famous for being the birthplace of Johnny Appleseed, pink flamingo yard ornaments and its contributions to modern plastics manufacturing. Life Care Center of Leominster is centrally located to this rich history, as well as other points of interests. For a day trip, we suggest:
- Sholan Farms is a farm owned by the city and is named in honor of the Indian chief who originally owned the property. Visitors can pick apples, strawberries, blueberries, pumpkins and other orchard crops.
- The Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau provides links to attractions, events, hotels and restaurants in and around the city.
- Located west of Boston, the Johnny Appleseed Trail spans throughout central Massachusetts, featuring many apple orchards in tribute to Johnny Appleseed, restaurants, shopping, activities and festivals.
- Doyle Community Park is a large park with 3.5 miles of walking trails around it that covers nearly all types of terrain. Visitors can also explore the conservation center, which was made to serve as an example of sustainability in architecture and interior design.
- Top Fun Aviation Toy Museum features only aviation-related toys. With more than 2,000 toys in the collection from all over the world, visitors can learn the history of aviation toys and the fields related to aviation.